Which futurist movie results if each GOP candidate is elected?
- “The Road” — Bold new thinking, like removing government regulations against eating children.
- Alternate scenario: “Zardoz” — Giant heads drifting around making strange pronouncements.
- “Demolition Man” — The moralizing is half-assed, but at least corporations are doing well.
- Alternate scenario: “AI: Artificial Intelligence” — So much effort to build the perfect human, but it is never quite convincing.
- “Mad Max” — Government is finally off our backs (and market forces are allowed to play out in the energy industry).
- “Rollerball” — Corporations rule the planet, and Houston is recognized as a global power center.
- “The Handmaid’s Tale” — Order is restored to familial relations.
- Alternate scenario: “28 Days Later” — It turns out all that rage can be spread by bodily fluids.
- “The Stepford Wives” — Something is deeply wrong in suburbia.
- “Silent Running” — Yeah, I don’t know what to say either.
(Thanks to JP and CK for ideas.)